Question problems connecting Bose Lifestyle 18 to samsung smart TV via optical cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2022
hey everyone.

i am having trouble connecting a SAMSUNG smart TV (UN55MU8000) to a BOSE lifestyle 18 system. is this even possible?

the BOSE system has no HDMI ports but does have optical out/in ports. the SAMSUNG came with a ONE CONNECT box with an optical out. after using a new/functional optical cable to connect the BOSE and ONE CONNECT BOX, i switched the sound output on the TV to "audio out/optical." Unfortunately, i am getting no sound out of the BOSE.

the BOSE manual says something about ASSIGNING the optical connection to TV, VCR, TAPE, or AUX. does this have something to do with it?

i know the BOSE system and surround sound speakers work. i use them with my record player.

thanks in advance!

Apr 14, 2022
after looking around on the net, i found someone who had a similar problem. he articulated that his problem may be related to not having a video connection thru the BOSE to the SAMSUNG, and so there was no visual menu to change settings on the BOSE thru the TV. i dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.