Project Natal Coming November 2010?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
If it wasn't noticed my original post was in a sarcastic tone, since I knew this stupid console vs pc discussion would pop up due to the nature of the article.

exfileme

Splendid
Jan 6, 2008
I love the PC vs Console argument. In fact, I love all gaming platforms: each has their benefits and faults. It's good to spread the love rather than stick with one body.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
What are you going to do in Natal that hasn't already been over done on the Wii? "Yay I can swing my arms about and stuff happens"

This isn't revolutionary, it's not going to revolutionize gaming, its going to be an over price hack that sits and collects dust (just like most Wiis).

G

What gave them the idea that MS ever had any intention of launching Natal this coming Spring. This blurb is the first I've ever heard of it. That would have left them with well under a year between the time that dev kits went out and hardware launch.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]How much longer will we be with the current Xbox platform? Do not get me wrong, I would love to not have to spend more money on a new system to play new games, but I think it is time to update the main hardware instead of just adding more peripherals.[/citation]
Thats a good point, however, I would bet that you can use Natal and other peripherals (like the wireless adapters) with the next version of xbox. I think both plug in using USB, right?

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
I'll sure buy it if it is compatible with a pc.
There would definitely be some use for it on a pc.
It should just not be compulsory to use it and I hope that game producers will not all go "Yeah! It's so hype, just make it compulsory for all the new games and forget about other controls and story depth".
I'd like to see some good head tracking with Natal coupled with some stereo 3D ;-). (just tried with an half life 2 mod using faceAPI on my webcam and NVidia 3D vision with red/blue glasses but my old computer suffered a bit to manage both :-( )

Hatchet

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
How poorly is this working that they need to focus on impulse buyers. If it was working as advertised it should sell like mad.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
ugg console 2012? I feel so out of date not having an XBox 360 nor a PS3 and I got the Wii only because I got a $100 gift card. Been so satisfied with my MMOs on the PC that i guess i'm missing out on great games like Orange Box, F.E.A.R. Modern Warfare, Halo franchise.....

Status
Not open for further replies.