Projector Recommendations w/o breaking the bank

Tyler Lawson

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Hey guys, I've got 400 dollars lying around, and would love to get a projector.
I'd like to get both screen and a projector. I'll use the projector for netflix and console games like ncaa 14. My friend has this: http://www.amazon.com/LED-86-HD-Ready-Lumen-Projector-Theater/dp/B00CPZ07CO

I know its branding isn't of any significance, but my friends seems to work quite nicely.
Now when I say I want to stay under 400 bucks, I'm talking for both the screen and the projector.
The screen I found is this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/manual-series-120-pull-down-projector-screen/9604711.p?id=1218132113465&skuId=9604711&st=projector%20screen&cp=1&lp=14#tab=buyingOptions

So what are your guys recommendations?
Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Solution
Buying a projector is not like buying an HDTV. There is a lot more to take into consideration:

Is the projector on a floor stand or ceiling mounted?
If it's a floor standing set up, is the seating arrangement set up so that no one is in the way?
How are you going to run the video cables to the projector?
How are you going to run the audio cables to your stereo/home theater?
Do you have the sufficient throw distance to create an image large enough to quantify the 120" screen?
Are you able to control the lighting in the room the projector will be in?

Projector Central - I've found this and the site's calculator to be an invaluable resource when looking into a projector purchase. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the projector...
Buying a projector is not like buying an HDTV. There is a lot more to take into consideration:

Is the projector on a floor stand or ceiling mounted?
If it's a floor standing set up, is the seating arrangement set up so that no one is in the way?
How are you going to run the video cables to the projector?
How are you going to run the audio cables to your stereo/home theater?
Do you have the sufficient throw distance to create an image large enough to quantify the 120" screen?
Are you able to control the lighting in the room the projector will be in?

Projector Central - I've found this and the site's calculator to be an invaluable resource when looking into a projector purchase. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the projector you linked on their site.

-Wolf sends

Solution