Solved! Proscan tv will not power on

Dec 24, 2019
My Proscan LED flatscreen TV will not power on (rarely turns on) (model number: PLDED3273A-C) I plug it in and the power indicator on the bottom right hand side instantly turns blue and it stays blue for about 3 seconds and then turns red for about 2 seconds and then it turns blue again and this repeats, I have rarely gotten it to turn on by fiddling with the power button but 99.9% of the time I have no luck, anyone know what the issue could be? thanks.

Solution
My Proscan LED flatscreen TV will not power on (rarely turns on) (model number: PLDED3273A-C) I plug it in and the power indicator on the bottom right hand side instantly turns blue and it stays blue for about 3 seconds and then turns red for about 2 seconds and then it turns blue again and this repeats, I have rarely gotten it to turn on by fiddling with the power button but 99.9% of the time I have no luck, anyone know what the issue could be? thanks.

For that model TV, you should just replace it, will cost more in parts and labor to try to fix it. Looks like it's a 32" 720p model, you can buy those used for about $40. I just bought a 47" 1080 set for $80. Considering the hassle and cost to find parts like a system board...

For that model TV, you should just replace it, will cost more in parts and labor to try to fix it. Looks like it's a 32" 720p model, you can buy those used for about $40. I just bought a 47" 1080 set for $80. Considering the hassle and cost to find parts like a system board to try, not worth at all fixing it.

Solution