Protoype iPhone 5 Has Slide-Out Keyboard

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i wouldn't say it's a step backward, but it def isn't APPLE's style...... as much as i hate them, their designs are amazing, and they are leading the tablet and phone race. when they reveal something, it's always at the top, the rest of the industry plays catchup for the rest of the year[/citation]

What do you expect when you get 230 BILLION dollars worth of marketing experts and graphic designers to work on ONE handset? I have to give Steve credit, he has played on the market's lack of elegant hardware by leading with hardware, and then dragging the software along kicking and screaming. You know, there is a reason a lot of people still don't take Apple products seriously (even after trying them.)

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Apple creates many physical prototypes to see how practical they are. This helps create some buzz and lessens the chance of the real finished product being exposed before its time. I do highly doubt iPhone will have a slide out KB but I do believe an edge-to-edge screen is in the works!

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
I like the virtual keyboards a lot better, they usually have better software that fix errors. And Swype is amazing!!! Let's see a slide out compete with that!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.