PS Neo, Xbox Scorpio Might Make Me Buy a Gaming PC (Op-Ed)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That must be just for HDR though, I can't imagine they would improve the performance in any other way.

I'm curious how well it's going to sell for gaming, considering not a lot of people have HDR displays. A lot of 4k TV's, almost none do HDR that are "affordable".

ien2222

Distinguished
Hard to tell,

Vizio is pushing the issue with their new P series. Perhaps by Christmas season you'll see much lower prices from others.

The question for me though, is if and how they implement object based audio. I can't find any info on that.

Paul1979UK

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
I think you should take into account about selling your older hardware, on PC when I had a 6950 gpu and sold it, I got around £80 for it of Ebay, put that money towards the upgrade gpu, 280x in this case which cost £200 when I got it so overall it only cost me £120 to buy, the same thing can be done on console, when the new consoles come out, sell the old one and put that money towards the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.