PS3 Sales Grew 104% Thanks to Slim

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Heh. In the end Sony probably didn't increase their sales rate a single bit. Just announced the price cut and here's the single surge afterward.

G

I'm sorry, but these consoles are selling 50,000 to 100,000 a week?
What individual and baby doesn't own one at that rate?

vancouverboy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
PS3 definitely needs more game titles.

Now with the Slim (cheaper, better eco for the long run for most ppl) the sales probably start to take off very quickly, and then the game developers will surely release many more titles for the PS3.

It happens all the time, it's economics 101.

homerhellboy223

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Slimmer.. $100 cheaper!less power consumption...less heat...less noise...It is everything the 360 is now with a blueray, wifi and no ring of death[/citation]

ya but it can't play crysis or halo for that matter

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
This is great but they still left out PS2 emulation. I'm not adding another console to my entertainment center. I don't have any free jacks or space for that matter. Maybe when my PS2 slim dies.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]shrex[/nom]http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?co [...] &end=40055you can see the sales dipped a few weeks before the price cut on this graph[/citation]
Oh, so "doubled" means,it's actually back to may 2009 levels? Gee...
Still wonder, whether this source is reliable.

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
ds and wii are still able to sell because nintendo is selling them to everyone. this is why there is no price cut and this is why there won't be a price cut until the value of the wii has gone down.

gmcboot

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Lots of people are just like me. Brought a PS3 Slim last week when it came down to $299. I own a Xbox 360 as well. I simply refused to give Sony $599, $499 or $399 for the unit. I have been extremely happy with by 360 for over 24 months (no RRD) and will continue to use it. Now that I have the PS3 it I will buy games for it and use it as my Blue Ray player. Sony will make up some ground with the lower price. The price has been the deciding factor for most people. Although people don't want to admit it, but from a graphic and gaming stand point both these units are on equal footing. All the fan boy stuff aside, the only plus to the PS3 is the blue ray player. Thats it. The minus to the PS3 is development. Otherwise they are equal.

snyph3r

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Geez people, wake up...PS3 has no Games???Are you all living under the rock for the last couple of years? google PS3 games and you will be surprised! Exclusive games alone will make you want to buy PS3 if you're a gamer! No games...pfffttt!

Status
Not open for further replies.