PS4 Controllers Now Work on Steam, and It's Glorious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2018
"Want the DualShock 4's touchpad to behave like a mouse? Go for it. How about controlling the in-game camera by simply moving the controller? You can make that happen."

OK. SO HOW?

Johken

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
Only way steam on my pc recognizes my conroller is with it tethered to usb. idk how to connect it through a hub or shit lol but would be cool..

Johken

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
it behaves like a touchpad when connected to a pc using steam with the usb cable. once its recognized.. well even before it was fully recognized it still worked on which ever asssassins creed i was playing... so while i was using the map the touch pad moved it around..

Johken

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
i should add it behaves like a touchpad no matter what it is connected to ie pc or ps4... and id like to know about the controlling in game camera by moving controller too lol.. thats a lookup i gotta do

Feb 22, 2022
Unfortunately what none of guides tell you is that you still won't see the PlayStation button prompts, only the xbox's ABXY icons. After weeks of trying almost everything including ds4windows and inputmapper I ended up just buying the ABXY stickers and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.