PS5 vs PS5 Pro — biggest rumored upgrades

Jan 18, 2024
Thank goodness for 8k gaming, I was getting tired of looking at blocky 4k visuals at a stuttering 60fps...

Jan 19, 2024
Honestly, whats the point of a ps5 pro? the friends i play-2 have a ps4 and are still able to play mw3, another friend just got a ps5 for christmas. I bought the ps5 about 6 months after it came out with all the scalping BS, which i got from a big box store by luck of the draw. Most people who bought new tvs are 4K. with them downgrading software to work with ps4 what would be the point of buying a ps5 pro???

Reactions: Tuna troll
Jan 20, 2024
What percentage of the library would be able to take advantage of an already beastly console? Useless articles like this one steer us away from the real issue: there haven't been enough games, and the industry needs to stop acting like it isn't happening before continuing this business as usual attitude. I won't get a PS5 Pro if it comes out because there is literally no purpose to it.

Jan 21, 2024
Fascinating. Let me know when 8k even matters and why, and let me know why we would even need a next gen of consoles, let alone a mid gen refresh. I'd rather read about how this site can be more user friendly, because posting this comment was annoying enough before I even go in to block all future articles written by you

Reactions: JoniStation

DMac8727

Estimable
Mar 28, 2020
The 4070 mobile is rated at 15.6 TFlops... The 4090 needs DLSS 3 to run any titles at 8k..... it runs at 100 TFlops when overclocked, 83 out of the box. If a Ps5 pro manages 8k that brings the PC/console efficiency gap to a whole new level. I would say 4k 120 will likely be the goal.