PSN Users: Get Your Free ID Protection Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
What is sony going to do with customers that already have everything they are offering so far everything they have offered i already have.
And im not interested in psn+ since i do not play multi-player or plan to or use home as well that leaves me with nothing.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
the protection is only useful if the criminals will only have your information for at most 1 year, after a year all bets are off and it is up to the screwed over customers to pay for any protection they need unless they can get all of the information changed and the old info invalidated (aka new identities)

what sony is doing is offering a false sense of security to offer the illusion that they will keep their customers safe but in reality, just want to offer a distraction long enough for the media and some people to lose attention, then when the customers start having identity problems, it will be on a individual basis and not news worthy even though it is potentially happening to 77 million sony customers.

G

The world is bigger than just the US, what about the rest of us who dont live in the US.

Cylent

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
[citation][nom]techguy911[/nom]And im not interested in psn+ since i do not play multi-player or plan to or use home as well that leaves me with nothing.[/citation]

Playstation Home and Multiplayer on PSN are both free. PSN+ just allows for cloud storage, a free PSOne classic game every month (though, if you cancel you lose access to said games), priority to Beta signups, and early demo access.

w1zz4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]English language exam, create a sentence by rearranging the following words:-the after stable horse door has bolted the close[/citation]

Canada...

w1zz4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Where do you live?http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/PSN- [...] 35616.htmlLet me know if you're not covered by that and I'll try and find out for you.[/citation]

Oops wrong citation, now here is the good one...

Canada

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]w1zz4[/nom]Oops wrong citation, now here is the good one...Canada[/citation]
Good to see Jane doing a bit of cyber-stalking on the users, instead of the other way round

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Good step by Sony, it’s good to take responsibility and this will improve their image and keep restore most of their customer’s loyalty.

shat

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
Psn doesn't have your ssn or driver's license info. Hard to identity theft without both of those. Get a new card if you're so paranoid. Plus if there's a fishy transaction you should most likely dispute that with your bank or cc company.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Now I think sony is doing the right thing here. 1 year is plenty of time to get your card exchanged for a new one. And you can get your ssn changed (while it can be difficult it is possible). If sony even had that info. to begin with.

Really what more can Sony do. It's not like they can go after the hackers and kill them all. I believe this to be a reasonable response to what has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.