PSP-3000 Hacked, Homebrew Capabilities Unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

WARNING WARNING WARNING before you buy this!!!! datel offers only service mode to psp. Datel has not solved the "pre ipl problem" as darkalex has stated. which means psp in service mode =yes. psp able to run any hombrew or any programs at all =no. do not be fooled! yes this is a step in the right direction but the pre ipl problem is huge. how do you download and decrypt data "approx 23-28 byte" from chip?

G

You should all know by now that homebrew IS illegal. It states cleary in Sony's terms & conditions that you are not allowed to modify the PSP to allow the system to run unauthorised software, and by doing so, you could be at risk of a criminal record.

G

yeah, sure. All you homebrewers out there - expect long prison sentences an large fines....

G

going to jail for modding a piece of equipment u own? lay off the drugs fuknut!

G

lol i agree with anonymous. it is ridiculous that modding something you own could be conceived as wrong. we have speed limits on the road... but people are aloud to modify their car without having to obtain the permission of the owner or a recipe you can change a cooking recipe and even hand it out to your friends... Homebrew shouldn't be illegal closed source firmware should be... cus in my opinion if your not able to use and improve your system to your liking then you don't own the system the system owns you and as such it is a form of slavery! Slavery is an international crime! so you say home brewers beware... i say corporate puppets beware.

G

You cannot be arrested for homebrew. Your warranty is a contract between Sony and you. Contract law does not provide for imprisonment or criminal sanctions for breaching a contract. You can lose the protection of the warranty, if you pirate games you can be sued for copyright infringement, but you cannot be arrested.

G

The pro/anti pirating debates could rage on forever. Ultimately, people will do as they wish with the hardware/software provided to them. Be it follow the law, break it, etc.

That being said: I am interested in knowing how the unlock is going for the psp-3000 (PSP Bright) and if the tool mentioned above works or not. I myself am a huge fan of modding whatever hardware I get my hands on and am eager to unlock my new psp.

G

I just don't get it. When I buy a car, I can take it apart, modify it, add a larger fuel pump, increase the boost, add a bigger turbo/exhaust etc. Sure I void the warranty if I have one, but once it's out, it's my own responsibility.

When I buy a PC, I can change anything inside it I want too. It's not illegal to hack the PSP. It's a copyright violation to put commercial games on there you didn't buy, but if you're just slapping on some free software or a better open source web browser, Sony has no right to tell you what you can and can't do with your own hardware! You paid for it and own it. You didn't lease it!

I hate buying a car with the hood welded shut.

G

Gosh I guess they are right. I can think of hundreds of people going to jail because they voided their warranty on a video game. How much time was it that they spent in jail and by the way why is anybody trolling this page if they aren't trying to find a way to mod their PSP? Some of us just want to push the limits of our toys.

G

Lol a lot of things are illegal. Drugs are illegal, people still do it. Breaking into any type of machine is illegal. Boot leg movies are illegal and the list goes on and on. Lol. People are aware of what they are doing. Instead of complaining about how much you disagree why not just leave the page?

G

Homebrew is the second reason why Sony sells psp in large quantities!!

and Games is the main reason:(

G

well i dont get what all the fuss is about i want to crack my psp because i hate carring all my games around iraq, its not that i download illeagelly, i buy the games and then put them on my memerory stick so i dont loose or damage the games, its not priacy, if you own the game you put on your shit man, so get off your hippy liberial high hourse and tell so rapper to cut the cussing out of his song lol,

G

I get the feeling they make their so-called OS open-source or leave loopholes DELIBERATELY to be opened by those who can and gets in, thus at the exact same point the companies could have made some profits by selling original soft-wares.. and later what the original companies only cares about would be ONLY to sell their machines or systems which would be in high demand because the consumers can run their own scripts or soft-wares of their likings on it... The so-called piracy or sues on consumers only rises when this method fails to provide the original companies the profit they expected by leaving the holes in the first place. This is what I feel and I feel all this is being timed at the beginning and maybe this is how they mean to do business.

G

if the UMD drop off!!!! no one wants to hack their PSP anymore and No criminal anymore about games!

i disagree with people who say hacking psp is illegal!!! and what about you buy a new Dell HDD and put it in Asus case, does it illegal?????? stupid and idiot!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.