Purchasing first laptop (w/ 12 questions)

Juyce

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
1_What is your budget?
My Price range max would be 650-700

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Size of the notebook? Doesn't matter to me really.

3_What screen resolution do you want?
I'd like to be able to attach an HDMI cable, atleast 1080p resoultion. 1900x1080. Large screen if possible 16-17inch

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Kind of both, I already have a desktop but im hoping to replace it with something faster, and more powerful.

5_How much battery life do you need?
This is my first laptop, I'm guessing 3-5 hours worth if possible.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
The laptop I want is mostly for gaming. If the laptop can handle high than thats what I would want. I play now warcraft 3 with my desktop. I am hoping to play Starcraft 2 when it is released, those graphics are very good.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
Watching movies, playing music, surfing the web, downloading, school work, burning cd/dvd/if possible Blu ray)

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
I really want a lot of memory, I download alot and maybe 350gbs will be good, maybe even 250.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
Nothing in mind, there is so many places to shop.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
For a couple of years, maybe upgrade later on if needed.

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
I'd really like blu-ray drive, and possible HDMI output. Wifi of course, bluetooth, nice big wide screen, dedicated video card, and very good graphics

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Brands dont matter to me, if they offer a warrenty then i'll take it. I've never purchased a laptop before so 2 years minimum? I don't know.
13_What country do you live in?
USA
Thanks!

Juyce

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Hey thanks,
The laptop looks good but that stretches my money a bit, it looks good including accessories and all. But bluetooth is extra and do you think that video card is strong enough to handle a SC2?

According to starcraftwire.net this is the 'unofficial system requirements':
CPU: Athlon X2 / Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics Card: Geforce 8600 GT
Hard Disk Space: 7 GB

That is not offical though because the game isn't out yet, beta testing is on it's way. Anyone think I can find a powerful enough system within my price range? If cutting bluetooth,hdmi,blu ray(all the extras i'd want :/ ) is needed for a better system then Im willing to sacrifice that.