PureVPN offering advance features, is the price good enough?

Androguff

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I got this email from Pure VPN (VPN I use) saying they're going 360 degrees. I could only wonder what it meant until I went into more details.

So, they're launching a complete new security solution that includes IPS/IDS protection, Anti-Virus, Parental Control, AD-Blocking & Apps Data Usage Control. That is pretty amazing for a VPN app.

And to top it, people already subscribed to Pure VPN will be getting the premium upgrade for free. Also, if you subscribe to their VPN by 30th June you get the upgrade for free too.

The new features will be launched at $8 per month on top of VPN plans, but existing users will be eligible to get an absolutely free upgrade provided they get PureVPN before June 30th.

Is the price they are offering good enough to vouch for this?

Solution
IF you need the IPS/IDS then you will find that the price is reasonable, coupled with all the extras (which you dont really need if you already have them) its a good package.

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
Parental control on a vpn? doesnt windows have one?
Plenty of good free anti-virus programs about?
Ad blocking can interfere with some sites.
Data usage when, as standard, most isps are uncapped?

Think you will be only paying for the ids/ips.

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
IF you need the IPS/IDS then you will find that the price is reasonable, coupled with all the extras (which you dont really need if you already have them) its a good package.

Solution

Androguff

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
Well the other extras they are offering is worth giving a shot. Especially, I am more interested towards IoT devices protection where they are offering network wide security on the devices. All other features are a bargain in this price.