Put Windows 8 on a Mac a while back, need to get it back to Mac OS now

Brightrox

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
The title pretty much says it all. A couple years ago or so I put Windows 8.1 onto a Mac because it was on laptop I didn't use anymore and I was experimenting. I also didn't just put it on a partition or anything. I fully formatted the laptop with Windows so now that's all it has. Now though I really want it back to Mac OS, but no matter what I've tried I can't seem to get it to work. It's been a while since I tried to get it to work so I can't say 100% all of what I tried. Any extra bit of information I could offer is that it's a 2012 Macbook Pro and I have a software install disk for an old version of Mac OS (snow leopard I think).

Solution
If you rewrote the disk with Windows 8.1 and formatted everything, there is no chance of getting your Mac OS back. I assume you've tried to reinstall the Mac OS from your disk (bootable I presume, not just a repair disk). I don't know exactly what you mean by "I can't seem to get it to work." How far in the process have you gone before it did not work?

MADVIU

Estimable
Mar 31, 2014
If you rewrote the disk with Windows 8.1 and formatted everything, there is no chance of getting your Mac OS back. I assume you've tried to reinstall the Mac OS from your disk (bootable I presume, not just a repair disk). I don't know exactly what you mean by "I can't seem to get it to work." How far in the process have you gone before it did not work?

Solution