Quadricopter Drone Buzzes Heads @ CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Cool, expensive, noisy, hard to control, needs missile launcher AND laser blaster AND tractor beam!!!!!!11[/citation]
Fixed. :D

kravmaga

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Mmh...
The thing with those RC models is that nobody ever bothers to mention the autonomy. Flying gadgets are cool until you find out that due to weight constraints, the heaviest battery they can put on there is worth 15minutes of flight in perfect conditions, planets aligned and everything.

G

... they stole my idea!! D:
Hopefully they will offer a wicked laser mount.... then I can finally complete my ultimate weapon!

richmaple

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
>>but we're a little weary about the eventual price

Unless the eventual price makes you tired, you're "wary," not "weary" of it. :) It's a totally different word.

FSXFan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]kravmaga[/nom]Mmh...The thing with those RC models is that nobody ever bothers to mention the autonomy. Flying gadgets are cool until you find out that due to weight constraints, the heaviest battery they can put on there is worth 15minutes of flight in perfect conditions, planets aligned and everything.[/citation]
That's convenient, because that's about the maximum amount of time you can enjoy flying a toy like that before if crashes into something and breaks, then goes into the trash.

G

If you are looking for an existing and extendable open source quadcopter look at http://www.mikrokopter.de. There are lots of videos on youtube and vimeo.com. It is also configurable as an hexa- and octocopter. I also saw a video with IPhone control.

Status
Not open for further replies.