Solved! Question about my new Actris PRO wired version + NO GameDAC

Apr 1, 2020
Hi everyone ,

got my wired version if actris pro without gameDAC .

as i learned my on board sound card does not support Hi Res . (auros 390 elite).

wondering now , can i use external sound card for example https://my.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-omni-surround-5-1

in order to achieve Hi Res Or i must buy the gameDAC without any other option.

if it is possible with 3rd party DAC , due i need to buy an adapter for 3.5mm => mic + audio input and then connect it to the DAC or there is other way ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
You can use any sound card with it, but you won't really hear any difference in quality, it's marketing speak to sell stuff more than anything else. Look up some things on audio quality tests, even so-called experts had issues distinguishing between MP3 files and lossless audio in many cases. I did a test through a 96/24bit DAC and 4 pairs of headphones, I got like 30% correct out of 4 different versions of 10 files, which is just about the same as guessing.
You can use any sound card with it, but you won't really hear any difference in quality, it's marketing speak to sell stuff more than anything else. Look up some things on audio quality tests, even so-called experts had issues distinguishing between MP3 files and lossless audio in many cases. I did a test through a 96/24bit DAC and 4 pairs of headphones, I got like 30% correct out of 4 different versions of 10 files, which is just about the same as guessing.

Solution