Question for the computer literate from the illiterate

MishaS

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
I have a Macbook and desktop Mac. My Macbook is getting older and having a few issues and I am looking at getting new laptop/netbook solely for writing.

I am looking at the Lenovo IdeaPad. S series (11 inch screen), as it's currently on sale for $399. and has a comparable screen to the Macbook and a well reviewed keyboard.

I'm also considering an Asus laptop with a 15.6 inch screen. I've done some research and while it looks like Asus took the crown for satisfaction in 2009 behind Mac, (according to Squaretrade) these days, according to laptopmag Lenovo is holding the reins of customer satisfaction for windows based Pc's.

So, I'm not 100% sure what to choose. I get regular pain in my hands and wrists from typing for years with no support and I am looking for a high quality keyboard.

I've been typing on my 11" Macbook for so long now that I'm wondering if the size is convenient for reading my past few paragraphs or if having a larger screen would be more practical.

I don't go out with my laptop - it stays home. I will carry it from room to room so the weight and or bulkiness is not a factor whatsoever.

I will not be using this laptop for anything other than word processing and playing the random Bigfish game once in a while. So, while I like a high resolution screen and quick processor a lot of the details aren't as important to me as to someone who relies on the system for gaming or having numerous applications open at once. I also don't care how it looks - cute is nice but not necessary.

I would prefer to have the laptop (in working condition) for at least 3-4 years.

Any suggestions? I really appreciate the answers, in advance.

Thank you!

Editing to add location - which is US.