QUICK advice for my brothers college laptop PLEASE!

Swerrdy

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
1. What is your budget?

600-900max

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Preferably 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?

6+

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I imagine the laptop being used to play league of legends and other games like that. More hardcore games like cod and fifa would most likely be played on console. This laptop definitely does not need to play bf4.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Excel, Word, Powerpoint, medium web browsing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

500gb+

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Direct from HP to receive a student discount. MUST ORDER by tonight to receive discount so quick advice would be appreciated.

If a good laptop top for our needs cannot be found from HP or if a better laptop for the price (after discount) can be found elsewhere let us know please.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

~3-5years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Basic cd/dvd

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Processor almost needs to be an i5. Just seems to be best option based on personal experience.

13. What country do you live in?

U.S.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

This is for my brother who will be a freshman at college next month.

I got my laptop for college 3 years ago so I am a little behind in what we should be getting for the money.

I remember backlit keyboards being only for premium hp laptops at 1k+, but I see that has changed. I imagine much more has too.

Thanks for the help!