Quip Electric Toothbrush Review: Do You Need Dental Care as a Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2018
I have three brushes, and the Quip, while wonderfully portable, does not satisfy like the Oral B Pro 3000 or the Sonicare Diamond Clean 9300. I use it the same way as I use a manual toothbrush per instructions from the best dentist I ever had, years ago, angling the brush head down towards the gum and sort of flipping it up to remove plaque. That's OK, but the Oral B does that for you; you don't have to manipulate it. I did order Sonicare Diamond Clean 9300 from eBay at a discount, but did lots of research before committing to it. It sounds like a tie with the Oral B pro and far more portable since it comes with a glass for wireless charging, which can be used anywhere in the world.

Mar 1, 2018
PS The Quip is really pretty. But pretty is as pretty does. I'll probably carry it in my purse daily so I can use it at restaurants.

Apr 26, 2018
I bought the Quip a year and a half ago, for $45 + free four refills. I've paid for two refills since getting it, and while it's satisfactory, it's expensive for what it offers. The subscription service isn't really as convenient as their pitch implies. You can buy a pack of 4-8 replacement brush heads from Sonic Care or Oral-B at a time. No annoying hipstery emails reminding you that you need to replace your brush head already.

I've cancelled the subscription service and will move to a rechargeable toothbrush once June comes by. I can get one for $25 and do not need the cumbersome process of taking everything apart just to replace its battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.