ram problems maybe?

dparnarev

Estimable
Aug 17, 2015
I got Bsods from day 1 of my new laptop x550jx asus this is what it says

On Sun 6.12.2015 г. 12:42:44 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120615-17140-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E8A0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE000EBD9B060, 0xFFFFD001B26BE960, 0xFFFFE000EBDDA4A0)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Please help, the seller added me 4gb ram stick for free and i think that this is the problem?

Solution
Hi,

Start by removing the added RAM from your laptop and see if the same problem will persist. See if it's the right RAM (DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM) because if it's not it can cause that problem. Next is to run Windows Update and make sure all important updates are installed. Lastly, make sure all your drivers are up to date specially your GPU and Network adapters because they are 2 most common device that can cause BSOD.
Hi,

Start by removing the added RAM from your laptop and see if the same problem will persist. See if it's the right RAM (DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM) because if it's not it can cause that problem. Next is to run Windows Update and make sure all important updates are installed. Lastly, make sure all your drivers are up to date specially your GPU and Network adapters because they are 2 most common device that can cause BSOD.

Solution