Random Power Off, Can’t Boot Back Up

Mar 18, 2018
Last night watching Netflix, my Toshiba Satellite S55T-B5282 randomly shut off completely while not plugged in. I figured it’s power died, but after trying to charge it and power it back up, nothing has turned it back on. I have taken the battery pack out and held down the power button for a minute to drain the battery and attempted to boot it with just the power chord attached, but it still did not work. I tried the same thing while putting the battery pack back in with no success. There is a white light at the bottom right of the base (the far opposite side of the power plug) which lights up when I plug in the power after taking the battery out, but instantly turns off when I press the power button. I also hear a whirring I believe coming from the hard drive which also turns off as soon as I press the power button. Any suggestions?

Solution
might be something shorted. remove cable and charger. Remove ram and try boot. you get anything different? Check usb ports for bent or misplaced pins all sides of laptop.

Test with another charger, or use multimeter to check charger. Remove everythin peripheral and try to boot.

If these dont work you need to disassembly more

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
might be something shorted. remove cable and charger. Remove ram and try boot. you get anything different? Check usb ports for bent or misplaced pins all sides of laptop.

Test with another charger, or use multimeter to check charger. Remove everythin peripheral and try to boot.

If these dont work you need to disassembly more

Solution