Question Random shutdowns and blue screes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pv3

Mar 6, 2020
Hello,
Seemingly out of nowhere my laptop started shutting down or showing a blue screen randomly. Both with and without the charger.I've cleaned the laptop of dust,checked the cables,and applied thermal paste,the temperature stays around 60 Celsius for the CPU and around 50 for the GPU, I've tried updating drivers, disabling certain services as well as resetting the system, I've even installed win10 multiple times and it's still happening. The Dell hardware check shows that everything is alright. It started a couple of times a day and progressed to the point where it shows a blue screen before asking for pin, I'm not even able to get into safe mode at this point.

Dell Inspiron 5567, 8gb ram, I replaced the hdd with an Samsung evo 860 ssd six months ago.

Blue screen codes Kmode exception not handled, critical process died.

I've no idea at this point, has anyone encountered something similar? Any suggestion is welcomed.

That is often caused by a driver issue. Which can usually be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling (or updating/downgrading to the correct version) of the driver. If you upgraded a driver through a place other than allowing Windows to do it directly on its own or through the manufacturer's site for your specific device, then that would be the specific

Also, you say you 'installed Windows', but was the just a fix/install from the computer itself? or did you do a fresh clean install?

If you can't get anything to work, then I would start looking at the drive having problems, but start with the above.

Pv3

Mar 6, 2020
That is often caused by a driver issue. Which can usually be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling (or updating/downgrading to the correct version) of the driver. If you upgraded a driver through a place other than allowing Windows to do it directly on its own or through the manufacturer's site for your specific device, then that would be the specific

Also, you say you 'installed Windows', but was the just a fix/install from the computer itself? or did you do a fresh clean install?

If you can't get anything to work, then I would start looking at the drive having problems, but start with the above.
Thank you for the reply, all the driver updates where done through windows , also yes it was a clean windows installation. As for the drive, besides the Dell assist hardware test (I can't recall the actual name) would you recommend any other way of testing?

Pv3

Mar 6, 2020
Thank you for the reply, I got my laptop back from the technician, he said Windows didn'trecognized my amd GPU correctly and would download wrong drivers, or something similar, he said he set it correctly and so far it seems to work properly.

Pv3

Mar 6, 2020
Thank you for the reply, I got my laptop back from the technician, he said Windows didn'trecognized my amd GPU correctly and would download wrong drivers, or something similar, he said he set it correctly and so far it seems to work properly.
Nevermind...

Pv3

Mar 6, 2020
And what does that mean? It isn't working properly?
Yes, shut downs and blue screens, continued. Since I was told it was the GPUs fault I disabled the amd non-intergrated graphics and it still continued, I've now disabled the Intel integrated graphics through device manager a few hours ago and so far it's running well. I'll keep you posted if something changes

Pv3

Mar 6, 2020
Yes, shut downs and blue screens, continued. Since I was told it was the GPUs fault I disabled the amd non-intergrated graphics and it still continued, I've now disabled the Intel integrated graphics through device manager a few hours ago and so far it's running well. I'll keep you posted if something changes
Nevermind, still crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.