Razer Blade (2015) Screen repeatedly going to sleep

corporalcolonel

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014
I've had my Razer Blade (2015) since aroud November. It came with Windows 10. I believe this issue has been present since I got it.

I'll link a video of the issue in action at the bottom of the post, but what essentially happens is the screen will go to sleep seemingly randomly. It will wake up when I move the mouse or interact with the laptop at all, but it will go back to sleep the second I stop interacting.

I think it is something to do with Windows 10 compatibility with some applications because the issue only seems to come up when running software that doesn't have an official Windows 10 version. I notice the issue most frequently when running Netbeans (which is what i'm running in the video). If i switch to another application, like Chrome, the issue seems to disappear after a few seconds.

Also it only seems to occur when I have the laptop unplugged, but I have checked through all of the power settings, tried setting it to never shut off the display, changed everything I could think of and none of it had any effect.

I also cannot guarantee that only certain programs are experiencing the issue but that is the way it seems to me.

If anyone has experienced this or has any idea what to do, or if you think its a hardware problem please let me know.

Video - https://goo.gl/photos/9bnGAqw1nn4nJXJt9