Question Razer Blade Screen Flicker

Feb 24, 2021
I am having issues with my Razer Blade 14" 2017: Its screen flickers all the time.
  • Plugged it into an external monitor, it works.
  • Tried running apps with the dedicated GPU, a GTX 1060, the screen still flickers, indicating an issue with the screen or the cables, not the GPUs.
  • Flickers on different OSes, the booting screen included. It has nothing to do with drivers.
I opened the laptop up and took photos of somw key parts. I also detached the screen. There are two cables that connect the motherboard to the display. I plugged out and in one of them a few times, now the screen is always completely black. I am speculating there is something wrong with it.

Here's a video of the issue:

Below you can find photos of the possibly problematic cable.
ifB0O56.jpeg

bSoFr1M.jpeg

RyqoZu4.jpg

Anadoe

Great
Apr 3, 2021
This may be caused by outdated drivers. Please update your windows software.
Also, make sure your BIOS and drivers are updated. Just go to Razer support and read the installation guide carefully.
This could be also caused by hardware problems. For this simply run a pixel test.

Feb 24, 2021
This may be caused by outdated drivers. Please update your windows software.
Also, make sure your BIOS and drivers are updated. Just go to Razer support and read the installation guide carefully.
This could be also caused by hardware problems. For this simply run a pixel test.
The flickering starts before the system boots into any OSes. It occurs on both Windows and Linux distributions, so it's not a driver issue. Besides, the drivers are up to date. As for BIOS, it started occuring out of the blue, so it has nothing to do with it either. It works fine when connected to external monitors.

As I noted in my original post, I already tore down my laptop, at the moment I am trying to separate the bezel from the screen frame so that I can do a continuation test on the LCD cable.

TRENDING THREADS