Razer Kraken Chroma 7.1 vs Turtle Beach Z60

srgank

Estimable
Dec 4, 2014
Hi!

I'm about to buy a decent 7.1 headset for gaming and, I'm not an expert... so what's your opinion on:
Turtle Beach Z60 and Razer Kraken Chroma 7.1?

I'm a razer fanboy because I like the design ...but... which ones are better?

Thanks

Solution

It will have a soundcard built in...

audie-tron25

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
I would recommend that you also have a look at the Hyperx Cloud 2's since they offer 7.1, are a similar price and sound clearer but are definitely not as bassy as the ones you have mentioned. I would probably go for the Kraken Chrome if I had to pick one since it is meant to sound good compared to the Z60 but give the Cloud 2's a look.

srgank

Estimable
Dec 4, 2014

Thanks for the answer.
I have a Asus P6T SE motherboard with inbuild sound card ( quite old ). I see that , razer kraken chroma does not have the "integrated sound card" as all the headsets usually does ( the big thing on the middle of tha cable ). Will the headsets be using motherboard's soundcard? with my actual motherboard... will chroma worth?

Thanks!

audie-tron25

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015

It will have a soundcard built in it because it uses a USB connection. So you don't have to worry about your motherboard audio because it won't use it. If the soundcard is not on the cable, it will be within the headset itself. Also, you should install "Razor Synapse" to allow you to change the settings of the headset.

Solution