Question RCA no sound

Oct 26, 2020
Hi guys. I’m a newbie so go easy!
I have an IQ2 box from Foxtel. It’s connected to my LG tv via HDMI and there are no problems.
I have recently put in an old Philips DVDR to try and record from the IQ2.
IQ2 is connected to the scart socket on the DVDR via RCA leads, and the DVDR is connected to the TV via separate RCA leads. There are no other inputs. It an old device.
When I play an old recording from the DVDR, there is sound and picture. However, when I try to record from the IQ2 to DVDR, there is picture but no sound, same when I try to watch Foxtel via the DVDR.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if there is no solution and I better understand the problem.

Oct 26, 2020
Hi helpstar
I used 3 RCA leads - red and white audio and the yellow video. The scart adapter is a generic one - scart one side, and the 3 mentioned RCA sockets on the other with an ‘input/output’ slider switch on top.
The exact model is Philips DVDR 3440H

so this isn´t your box?

please take a picture from the connections available at your box, upload to imgur.com and post the link of it

scart adapter can work as in or output, maybe the scart adapter you use is the wrong one. Post a picture of your adapter as well.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020
I don’t have imgur, sorry. There are plenty of images on the internet of the rear view of the IQ2 box. Mine is the version without scart and with the 4 satellite screw type coaxial inputs to the left.
I think you’re right about the scart adapter. It is old. I will get a new one and let you know the outcome.

Oct 26, 2020
Received an offer for a free IQ4 box, so took it. Can’t access recordings on old box now, so this thread is now redundant. Thanks for your time guys. I know we don’t have much of it these days and I appreciate your offers of help.

Reactions: helpstar