Solved! Rca tv

Aug 24, 2019
I have a universal remote for my rca TV. Wanna watch blue ray for the 1st time but tv wont switch to hdmi and stay there. What am I doing wrong? I have pics of what I see but cant post them here

Solution
The original remote doesn't work. The one I'm using is a universal and doent have the source button to change inputs. Using the buttons on the side of the tv doesn't work cause when I scroll to change the input, it just stays on the input I'm currently on even though I scrolled to change it from sat to hdmi 2. Hdmi 2 is highlighted but the tv wont change channels to hdmi2. It stays on satallite

Usually when the TV ignores the input it means it does not detect anything connected to it. Did you try the other HDMI port also?
Aug 24, 2019
The original remote doesn't work. The one I'm using is a universal and doent have the source button to change inputs. Using the buttons on the side of the tv doesn't work cause when I scroll to change the input, it just stays on the input I'm currently on even though I scrolled to change it from sat to hdmi 2. Hdmi 2 is highlighted but the tv wont change channels to hdmi2. It stays on satallite

Usually when the TV ignores the input it means it does not detect anything connected to it. Did you try the other HDMI port also?

Solution