Question Read by 1

May 20, 2019
What would the circumstance be where I send a text and when it's read, it says read by 1? I send to the same number and it usually just says read. It is not a multi chat convo.

That would usually mean that it was read by 1 party of how ever many it was sent to. If you sent it from a regular phone text messaging app and not a different app, then you usually would not see anything about it having been read.

This leads me to believe that you actually didn't send a text message from the phone, but sent a message through another app. In that case, you are going to have to go back and look at exactly who you sent it to. It is completely possible that you sent it to a group rather than an individual.

May 20, 2019
That would usually mean that it was read by 1 party of how ever many it was sent to. If you sent it from a regular phone text messaging app and not a different app, then you usually would not see anything about it having been read.

This leads me to believe that you actually didn't send a text message from the phone, but sent a message through another app. In that case, you are going to have to go back and look at exactly who you sent it to. It is completely possible that you sent it to a group rather than an individual.
Nobody else but my husband. We both just use regular Samsung texting. It just started happening a cpl days ago. We both can see sent, read, typing indication. His phone just shows my texts as read, but from my phone the texts I send him says 'read by 1'

So you are using the text messaging app that came with the phone? Not messenger or another app? Test messaging and messenger are not the same.

Additionally, it could be a number of things, other than a change in the app itself. It could have been an update to the phone or the app used. It could also be caused by another app on the phone, a virus, or malware.

Reactions: Niecywiz
May 20, 2019
So you are using the text messaging app that came with the phone? Not messenger or another app? Test messaging and messenger are not the same.

Additionally, it could be a number of things, other than a change in the app itself. It could have been an update to the phone or the app used. It could also be caused by another app on the phone, a virus, or malware.
Ok, thank you. Yes, it's the text app that came with phone, it's not messenger. I will just ignore it. Just curious why it was acting like a chat since it said 'read by 1'

I would check for any changes, as mentioned above. There are so many things that could be causing it. You might also try deleting all text history from the phone and see if it occurs again, when there are no texts. If it happens again, I really would consider checking for apps installed not by you, which can happen via other apps, sites visited, etc., as well as check for viruses and malware.

Good Luck!