Real Time Protection is blocked

LDSekora

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
Hello, I have been having trouble turning on my real-time protection for my Windows 10 PC. I have gone through numerous threads and sites to fix the problem but none have worked. I have removed all other antimalware and firewall protection applications and tried to restore missing files with the CMD prompt. I have never noticed that it has been turned off, but I have been getting viruses on my Steam, Google Chrome, and Spotify applications for some time now. AVG kills and quarantines many files that are stored in systems 32 and the windows folder; however, I cannot disable it, as it is apart of windows itself. It states that I need to fix my computer protection but I have no clue how. When I click on the button to resolve the issue, it does nothing for me. Hopefully, someone can help me with this situation so I don't have to pay a fortune on antivirus software.

Solution
The only way you could be getting that many viruses, especially through Steam, is if you are either downloading torrented games that are infected OR have really only had one infection that you've never gotten rid of and keeps coming back. My advice, if you are unable to ENABLE the malware protection in Windows defender, would be to do a clean install of Windows. There are some infections out there that permanently remove your ability to enable malware protection through normal channels, and only doing a clean install or opting for second opinion targeted malware scanners will stand any chance of removing the.

If you prefer to try a second opinion scanner first, I'd say to take a look at Rogue killer or TDSS killer.
Have you tried the built-in Windows Defender? When Microsoft hears about a threat to its product, they're more likely to fix it first through Defender before ringing round the other AV developers to let them in on the act.

Uninstall all the products you've already tried then search the Registry for any entries they left behind while unnstalling themselves. Go into Settings and set Defender up the way you want it then run a full scan.

The only way you could be getting that many viruses, especially through Steam, is if you are either downloading torrented games that are infected OR have really only had one infection that you've never gotten rid of and keeps coming back. My advice, if you are unable to ENABLE the malware protection in Windows defender, would be to do a clean install of Windows. There are some infections out there that permanently remove your ability to enable malware protection through normal channels, and only doing a clean install or opting for second opinion targeted malware scanners will stand any chance of removing the.

If you prefer to try a second opinion scanner first, I'd say to take a look at Rogue killer or TDSS killer.

Solution

LDSekora

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017

I have ran multiple scans using CMD and windows defender which has given me no errors or warnings on my system. The only disabled feature in the windows defender is the malware protection and real-time defender which controls the malware protection. Also, I have uninstalled all antivirus applications I could find. I have not downloaded any on this computer yet.

LDSekora

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017

That's what I have been debating. I have done some tor downloads, but I have removed them completely. Perhaps I have not removed the virus along with it