Really bad problem with performance on Alienware M14x R2?

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
I have had my M14x R2 for about a year and a half now. Up until a couple weeks ago it worked like a dream and played all the games I like to play with 40+ frames. But for the past couple weeks my performance has been, excuse my language, just complete shit. I'm talking unplayable. For example, I start out playing BF4 and join a server and the first time I spawn in I'm getting 50+ FPS. About 2 minutes later down to 30. Another minute, 20. Then finally, 10. That's when I just stop and leave the game and now I'm here. Can someone please help me or tell me what my problem is? I even get this problem on games like Black Ops 2 and BF3. In a couple weeks I won't be playing much on my Alienware because I'm building a computer of my own and I know it will be able to run those games very well. I will only use this when I am staying the night somewhere.

I'm getting off topic. Can you please help me figure out my problem? I run everything on the lowest settings, sadly even 720p (I play on a monitor). The games look terrible and I still get crappy frames. Power plan is on high performance, Nvidia settings are set to maximum performance and performance>quality. Thanks.

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

All settings are on the lowest. all settings that can be turned off are off. I can't make my settings any lower.

It's weird though because when I first got the game on release and even about a month ago it performed perfectly fine.

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

"How you can maximize your performance" There's nothing I can do for that. Like I said, all settings are on high and my resolution is barely playable. Did you read my whole post?

Ronnie762

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
Just saying I own a M14xr2 I cannot play Battlefield 4 I tested the Beta and for that one time playing I had 5 FPS Belive it or not. It was not designed to handle Next Gen games like this

thatfancypenn

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

I had the same problem at first during the beta but my problem was the the driver needed to be updated. After that I was working fine.

scatma321

Estimable
Nov 12, 2014

scatma321

Estimable
Nov 12, 2014
listen i have the same pc for 2 years now had same problem just clean your god damn went :D, open it up carefully don't lose any parts and ur good to go, srsly it's a mess down there and after i cleaned it it will work like it was new promise!