Really: Samsung Shows Off Galaxy Tab Bicycle

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
This begs the question... How was Apple beaten to the punch? Certainly this level of ridiculousness is certainly their forté, or at least I'd assumed.

[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I didn't know companies even made steel framed bikes anymore.[/citation]
The ones meant to not bend at the slightest bump in the road (read: most mountain bikes, all sport bikes, and a lot of others) tend to be made of steel. While aluminum beats steel on the strength-weight ratio, it's actually inferior in terms of the strength-volume ratio.

[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]I think it is just cultural difference. The number of commuters in a lot of Asian countries that use Bicycles are in the millions compared to here in the U.S. I think the concept for this is while you move on the bike, you stop and swing the tablet to the left and tilt your head[/citation]
Here's a big question: when you swing out the tab, where're your legs going? Also, there are perhaps more people commuting by bike in the USA than you think. For those that don't live in a cul-de-sac hell 50 miles from their job, cycling is an attractive alternative that, ironically, can get you there faster in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.