Question Realtek speakers on Asus Zenbook repeatedly lose sound

Mar 7, 2021
I've had the problem below since purchasing the laptop, I actually returned and purchased the same model in case it was a hardware specific thing, it is not the problem persists on a second unit. I don't understand how this issue isn't pervasive with the general user base. Asus tech support just continues to think the Windows built in troubleshooting will fix the problem, but when the problem is happening everything on the windows side shows correct the troubleshooter finds no problems so it has nothing to fix. I have already: flashed new BIOS, updated through Windows Update, and updated manually using the drivers from the Asus website. I'm at a loss of what else to do or where to look.

Problem
Realtek Audio for the built-in speakers stops working after sleep or reboot, but not every time. It's usually after 3 days, sometimes up to 5 days, never more than a week. The driver will still show as installed, the speaker still shows in the notification area and it's not muted, you can adjust the volume - but no matter what no sound comes out.

To repair the speakers I can go into device manager then audio inputs and outputs uninstall Realtek Audio then down to sound video and game controllers uninstall Realtek Audio > uninstall driver for this device. Only doing it in that order seems to work. Reboot and all will be fine. But this method requires me to manually uninstall drivers before every shutdown in order to have working speakers, which is ludicrous. Alternatively if no one knows how to fix this repeat incompatibility, is there a way to make a script that would delete the driver automatically each day so that every time I restart the new driver works?

System Info
Asus Zenbook 15 UX534F
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎10/‎18/‎2020
OS build 19042.804
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Please help, any suggestions appreciated.