Rear surround sound speakers missing wireless receiver

Apr 14, 2018
I have a Blu Ray 5.1 surround sound system from LG, model number BH6820SW that is missing a wireless receiver that the rear surround sound speakers connect to.

I can probably get a replacement if it really comes down to it, but I have enough speaker wire and the ability to hide most of the wire so the receiver doesn't matter much if it isn't a requirement. But, I'm not sure if it IS a requirement and I really don't want to burn out my system if I wire something incorrectly. Plus I'm not even sure how to wire it in the first place.

The speaker terminals in the back have a center, a sub woofer and only a front right and a front left. Then there is a wireless card for the rear speakers. The speakers are rated 3 ohms if that helps.

I'm also not sure if that means I would be getting the full audio. With only the 2 front speakers setup, I think I'm hearing everything but I can't really be sure. Is there any additional "tracks" or whatever that play only through rear speakers? Maybe that's a dumb question.

So if anyone can suggest anything about how to wire everything up or let me know if I should just pony up and buy a replacement receiver please let me know. Thanks!

Solution
You won't be able to wire the rear surround speakers because the main unit doesn't have an amp or speaker terminals to connect them to. The amp was in the missing wireless receiver. Get the wireless receiver if you want to use the rears.
If you can set the HTS to stereo then you can use just the left and right front speakers. Better if you can set it in a 3.1 mode which will give you center and sub too. The rear channels are for special effects so if you have to set the receiver to 5.1 and use it with 3 speakers and the sub you won't be missing anything most of the time and not a lot the rest of the time.
You won't be able to wire the rear surround speakers because the main unit doesn't have an amp or speaker terminals to connect them to. The amp was in the missing wireless receiver. Get the wireless receiver if you want to use the rears.
If you can set the HTS to stereo then you can use just the left and right front speakers. Better if you can set it in a 3.1 mode which will give you center and sub too. The rear channels are for special effects so if you have to set the receiver to 5.1 and use it with 3 speakers and the sub you won't be missing anything most of the time and not a lot the rest of the time.

Solution