Solved! Receiver/Amp - How to disable the creation of a second display/monitor on PC

Kiloop

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
I5 3570K
GTX 1060 6GB
4K TV LG

Hi,

I have a Denon AV Surround Receiver connected to my computer with a HDMI cable (Plugged into the motherboard slot). I believe I did this due to the inability to get a 5.1 signal any other way but I cant recall.

The computer detects this as a second display and is run through the CPU graphics while my main display is run by my graphics card.

Its not much of an issue but it does cause the screen to be slightly cut off at the sides, causes the mouse and windows to disappear at times and causes fullscreen apps to behave wonky.

Solution
When you connected the AVR it probably changed the video settings for your display. You should be able to return them to the correct settings in the graphics or display properties panel of the PC.
If you have a TV connected to the AVR you should also be able to set those correctly.
When you connected the AVR it probably changed the video settings for your display. You should be able to return them to the correct settings in the graphics or display properties panel of the PC.
If you have a TV connected to the AVR you should also be able to set those correctly.

Solution