Recomendations wanted

ArcticPrince

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
I am considering the following HP laptop and wonder what some of you guys would recommend I consider as an alternate. This system specs out on HP site for $1500 US

HP dv7t Quad
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB)
4GB DDR3 System Memory
500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M
17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Infinity Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)
LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
Intel Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

1_What is your budget? $1500 +-

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17" screen

3_What screen resolution do you want? 1600x900 or better

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desk replacement

5_How much battery life do you need? Not too important

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Gaming is important..WoW and CoD at medium to high settings

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Do some photoshop work and watch movies..

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? minimum of 320

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-3 years?

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Bluray NOT important

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Good success with HP in the past, bad experience with Acer.

13_What country do you live in? USA

Thanks for any input....

Solution

ArcticPrince

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Chatori Maziar (have no idea of how to spell that! lol) That looks like a great system but it is a bit more then I wanted to spend and also not 17" moniter. The 17" moniter is pretty much a must have!

Solution