Recommend a laptop, good build quality, SSD. For linux, lamp, web development

stefanoski

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Hi, I need a not too expensive laptop for web development, based on SSD drive, and good solid build quality. I need it to run linux, won't use the m in lamp (mysql) on the laptop for now, but may need to start using it soon, and I'm a bit worried that it may be a resource hog.

The part I'm especially looking for help with is the quality of the laptop, overall sturdiness of the product. It's possible that I don't need the latest i7 trillion GHz processor, but I do need something that's not gonna break in a week.

Even though the laptop will mainly be used in good working conditions, I am willing to pay more for the thing to get the reassuring feeling of a solid, damage-resistant design. And it's impossible to estimate build quality by looking at marketing pics online.

1. What is your budget?
I'm looking for possible cuts here to maybe around 500$. But around 1000$ is reasonable consideration too - but only if I get more bang for the buck

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
n/a

3. What screen resolution do you want?
n/a

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
A bit of both, portable in the sense I will travel with it. But in the end I'm plugging it in.

5. How much battery life do you need?
n/a

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No! And I certainly do not want to pay for graphics cards

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
n/a

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
need SSD drive, size doesn't matter

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
n/a

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
A couple years. I don't want it to break in a month, build quality is important to me. But I don't plan to be using it everyday either, more like a weekends thing

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
n/a

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I would probably prefer Dell/Lenovo, but even these companies have some terrible quality models afaik so...

13. What country do you live in?
Poland

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Thank you very much for your time!

Solution
Lenovo T models, very solid, very good Linux and other OS support. I'd pick a year or two old used T model over just about any new model if cost is an issue for a new one for you.