Recommendations for Budget Laptop

Jamile

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
I am looking for a new laptop with a of £200 would nice if i could spend less to find what im looking for.

I only interested in general browsing of the net, streaming high resolution videos (720p). and laptop with good sound quality is very important for me.

I was considering these products(@EBUYER):
HP 255 G3 Quad Core Laptop = now is £199.98 was =£219.99
Lenovo B50-30 Laptop = now is £169.98 - was = £199.00

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Computer/cat/Laptops?product=669147|665844|665843#search-results

If someone could recommend me better choice for laptop purchase would be great :cheese: or confirm these are good purchases.

Between the 2 the HP is less crappy.

They are both very low end budget PCs that are going to be sluggish due to low end cpu and minimal memory to keep cost down.
They should both be able to do 720p streaming video, but you might need to close all other programs and cant guarantee they wont buffer a couple times.

In regards to audio quality, nothing in a laptop that cheap has any component that can be called "quality", let alone the audio. If you care about audio quality then you need to be looking at gaming laptops in the $800+ range. Even mid-range laptops put very little emphasis into audio quality as most laptop users don't care.

Jamile

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

I currently own a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook.
PC specs:
CPU & GPU: AMD E2-300M APU@1.80GHz with Radeon graphics.
RAM: 4.00GB

I had this laptop for the past 3 years throughout my studies because it was convenient. and watching high resolution videos and multitasking was never a problem due to my 50MB broadband connection.

the sound was pretty good until recently i found that the sound card is most likely faulty and barely working so the sound quality has degraded.