Question Recommendations for Video Hub

deeeyewhy

Honorable
Aug 3, 2016
Hi All,

Currently have two monitors (DVI) and a TV (HDMI) attached to my Computer. Comp is old and so I needed to upgrade and decided to get a laptop as my main work device and also to travel with.

Anyway the laptop doesn't have the ports for my monitors/TV Out of the box so I need to find a video hub or some other solution to get the laptop video out to these devices.

The laptop has a couple of USB ports and one Thunderbolt port.

I have researched many different types of USB hubs but I am hoping the collective brain power here may have come across some similar setup or have something specific in mind to recommend to me.

The Laptops GPU is an Intel Arc A370M which allows 4 Displays (max.), HDMI 2.0b, DisplayPort 2.0 10G Ready.

Thanks in advance

Does the laptop have an ethernet port? If not you could get a docking including a LAN port as well.

which resolution do the displays have?
Can you plug in different than DVI to the two monitors like DP or HDMI?
couldn´t find a docking with 2 DVI plus HDMI, most have only one DVI, HDMI, DP or even one VGA in one station

Last edited:

deeeyewhy

Honorable
Aug 3, 2016
Does the laptop have an ethernet port? If not you could get a docking including a LAN port as well.

which resolution do the displays have?
Can you plug in different than DVI to the two monitors like DP or HDMI?
couldn´t find a docking with 2 DVI plus HDMI, most have only one DVI, HDMI, DP or even one VGA in one station

The laptop does not have an ethernet port so yes I was looking into getting something that had an ethernet port but for me that wasn't as pressing as the video.

The displays are run currently at 1366x768
They are 720p older monitors. The TV is a 1080p. Nothing special with that. The monitors only have a DVI and VGA port.

Thanks