Record 7 Million iOS 6 iPhone, iPads Jailbroken in 4 Days

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]STravis[/nom]Not true - some people just like a phone that they don't have to futz with all the time. I've had RIM, Android and Apple products. Was happy with my Blackberry, not so happy with my Android and happy with my iPhone. I have yet to find it not being able to do something I need it to do.[/citation]

explain to me what you have to "futz" with on an android or blackberry device? iphones have the same problems as droid and BB.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]mcnaugha[/nom]7 million represents 1.4% of the half a billion iOS devices out there. I think some people need to check their perspective before they get excited about these things and start making sweeping statements about this indicating anything whatsoever.[/citation]

Indeed - most people just won't/don't jailbreak their phone because they just don't care enough to do it.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]explain to me what you have to "futz" with on an android or blackberry device? iphones have the same problems as droid and BB.[/citation]

I never claimed that I had to futz with my blackberry. Both RIM and Apple are pretty good at sending updates to their devices. Android devices - well you should learn to build your own distro if you want the updates. This might work for some, but I like the RIM/Apple approach.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]Yes I have devices from both, like Woz, my line of work requires it. I know what I want, full control and functionality on a device I purchased. I have not found a task an Apple device can perform that an Android device cannot accomplished.[/citation]
Nothing? Android still doesn't properly support USB Audio (hit and miss depending on which device you get). That means Android can't connect with many music production/recording devices. It also means many vehicles with a USB port cannot properly connect to and work with your Android phone forcing you to use the 1/8" AUX jack to get audio into your car.

And speaking of music production/recording, Android has terrible support for low latency audio which is why iOS totally dominates this sector. My kids can multitask 3 music Apps on their iPad and mix down 48 tracks of digital audio. Android is pitiful for music.

Some of us on Tom's develop for both Android and iOS. Before you make stupid generalizations or claims about what each system can and cannot do you should think twice.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom] I have not found a task an Apple device can perform that an Android device cannot accomplished. The opposite is true."[/citation]

Opposite are not true!
Just try to send something over bluetooth from Apple device to any other device and see the limitation! Only jailbreak devices will allow it, while Android does not have this kind of limitation! And it is not the only limitation apple has... without jailbreak.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Nothing? Android still doesn't properly support USB Audio (hit and miss depending on which device you get). That means Android can't connect with many music production/recording devices. It also means many vehicles with a USB port cannot properly connect to and work with your Android phone forcing you to use the 1/8" AUX jack to get audio into your car.And speaking of music production/recording, Android has terrible support for low latency audio which is why iOS totally dominates this sector. My kids can multitask 3 music Apps on their iPad and mix down 48 tracks of digital audio. Android is pitiful for music.Some of us on Tom's develop for both Android and iOS. Before you make stupid generalizations or claims about what each system can and cannot do you should think twice.[/citation]

Who in their right mind would use a android / iphone / ipad for music production?

Before you make stupid generalizations or claims about what each system can and cannot do, YOU should think twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.