Solved! Record hulu live tv onto dvd

TrishM

Estimable
Oct 13, 2019
I have an Amazon fire stick I watch Hulu live tv on, a smart tv with 2 hdmi and 2 composite connections, and a regular flat screen with 1 hdmi, and both composite and component connections. I also have a dvd recorder with hdmi and both composite and component connections. I'm wondering if I would be able to connect the fire stick and dvd recorder with some kind of an adapter & hdmi cord to the back of one of the tv's, so I can record a show off of Hulu (or wherever), and put it on dvd? Or maybe connect to a laptop and use the Roxio easy vhs to dvd 3 I was connecting to the vcr or directly to the dvr I had when I had cable. I wouldn't want to do any of this very often, I don't think.

Thanks for any help.

Solution
Hulu Live TV includes a DVR which will store up to 50 hours of content at no additional charge so unless you need permanent copies using the cloud DVR makes more sense. Easier to use and you will get HD playback. The DVD-R won't do that.
The HDMI output of the Firestick is likely HDCP encrypted. You would have to use a 1-2 HDMI distribution amp. One output of it would go to the TV & the other to an HDMI-AV converter. That would connect to the AV inputs on the DVD-R.
Hulu Live TV includes a DVR which will store up to 50 hours of content at no additional charge so unless you need permanent copies using the cloud DVR makes more sense. Easier to use and you will get HD playback. The DVD-R won't do that.
The HDMI output of the Firestick is likely HDCP encrypted. You would have to use a 1-2 HDMI distribution amp. One output of it would go to the TV & the other to an HDMI-AV converter. That would connect to the AV inputs on the DVD-R.

Solution
https://www.amazon.com/CSRET-Splitt...ompatibility/dp/B0151FY08G?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_5
or
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Premium-Quality-Component-Converter/dp/B017LVMAWG
if the recorder has a component video input (not output).
It may not work since HDCP could prevent this.
It may no be legal for you to record content from Hulu but if you google how to record Hulu on my PC you can do that and then burn DVDs.

TrishM

Estimable
Oct 13, 2019
The dvd recorder has both component and composite. Would one work better than the other? What I want to record is on hulu live tv, so its in the cloud for only so long. Wonder if I could get it off the Hulu web site? Or maybe I should just search YouTube. Would really rather not do that, tho.