Record Player Rips MP3s From Vinyl

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]You're right, I love it when my music cracks and pops because a tiny fleck of dust jumped under the needle of my record player, or because the record has the tiniest warp in it, or because it's simply degraded over time.You holier-than-thou analog elitists are never going to go away, are you?[/citation]

Yea, distortion in the signal due to low sampling and compression along with harsh edgy fatiguing sound due to "never can be perfect d to a" is so much more preferable!
Sorry for your tin ears.... (though its probably more likely you don't know any better never having heard a good sound system)

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]You're right, I love it when my music cracks and pops because a tiny fleck of dust jumped under the needle of my record player, or because the record has the tiniest warp in it, or because it's simply degraded over time.You holier-than-thou analog elitists are never going to go away, are you?[/citation]

Hmmm. NO. When are you 'turn it up to eleven' guys gonna discover HiFidelity ???

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
[citation][nom]bv90andy[/nom]Any old record player connected to the line in of a pc will do the job. I transferred my father's vinyls when I was about 12 years old.[/citation]
Bet the files sounded like shit. Or did you have a good sound card?

xdccr

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
"Yep, +1
Otherwise how come all the best DJs still use vinyl? "

You just killed what was going when you typed

xdccr

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Yep, +1Otherwise how come all the best DJs still use vinyl?[/citation]

The best DJs use vinyl turntables for how they behave, not for high fidelity. Spinning a record back and forth is not going to result in quality reproduction of the original signal.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]I'll consider these kind of things news if it comes with Zune dock instead of iPod dock....[/citation]
im not an apple fanboy... But i have only ever known one person to own a Zune. (you are lucky #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.