Recording Problem

G

For some reason, no matter what sound program I use to record myself, whether it's Audacity, Soundforge, or Audition, for some reason, after I get done recording, I listen to it and there are spots where the recording fades to nothing before coming back to normal. Sometimes it doesn;t even come back at all, and then I am left with about a minute or two of recording audio, and the last 40 or 50 seconds is silence. I have tried using all the programs I can think of, and even went and got a new microphone. I still cannot figure out why it is doing this to me! HELP!

For some reason, no matter what sound program I use to record myself, whether it's Audacity, Soundforge, or Audition, for some reason, after I get done recording, I listen to it and there are spots where the recording fades to nothing before coming back to normal. Sometimes it doesn;t even come back at all, and then I am left with about a minute or two of recording audio, and the last 40 or 50 seconds is silence. I have tried using all the programs I can think of, and even went and got a new microphone. I still cannot figure out why it is doing this to me! HELP!

The programs contain an audio limiter, that automatically lowers the volume during a loud passage, the passage is too loud and the sound lowers to a very low level. OR the computer itself has a built in audio limiter/automatic volume control.
Turn off the automatic volume controls, limiter, adjust the volume manually. you may also need a different microphone.