Recovery disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

willygstreetbob07

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
HI Folks

Can anyone help me please I tried to restore my acer aspire D255E to factory setings and it wiped out my data.
is there a recovery disk for this or what can I do

Cheers
Pete

Solution

Search Google for tools to assist with your data recovery as there are plenty of good free apps as well as better apps for in which you will have to pay for.

One that comes to mind is from piriform.com - http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download

As a side note, is it me or there are plenty of users out there that have no care in the world for a backup solution and only then when the world turns sideways on them is when the need for help is requested.

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

Search Google for tools to assist with your data recovery as there are plenty of good free apps as well as better apps for in which you will have to pay for.

One that comes to mind is from piriform.com - http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download

As a side note, is it me or there are plenty of users out there that have no care in the world for a backup solution and only then when the world turns sideways on them is when the need for help is requested.

Solution

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Hello Pete, hope this helps : By the way what do you mean by wiped out your Data ? Do you mean your files or the Data partition on the PC ?

To start the system recovery:

-Restart the computer.

-When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys.

-If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key.

-After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.

-Read the notice, and then click Next when you are ready.

-Click Next to begin the restore process. The restore can take anywhere fom 10 minutes up to an hour.

-Once the restore is complete your computer will reboot. Upon rebooting it will load

-Windows and start installing your drivers and software. Your computer will reboot several times during this process. After everything is complete your computer will be like it was when you first purchased it.

Good Luck

willygstreetbob07

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012

Hi Nedal0

Thank you so much for your help you are awesome, Your help has fixed my laptop to its original state like you said.
I contacted Acer and they said they neded to reformat the laptop because everything was wiped but you proved them wrong excellent and awesome is what you are

Thank you very much again
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.