Recs for a Mid-range Laptop?

shadow_fish1

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Any recs would be most welcome! Used the form from the FAQ below, most important things to me are size & weight, decent graphics card and at least 4 hrs battery life. Thanks in advance for any input!

1. What is your budget?
Under $1000 ideal but flexible for the perfect laptop.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Prefer about 14' screen, lighter in weight is better

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Don't particularly care

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable, though 80% of the time it'll be desktop replacement.

5. How much battery life do you need?
4 hours min, though 6 would be more ideal.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, but mostly games like Gone Home or Stanley Parable, not Crysis. Medium or High settings would be ideal. Since I'd like to keep the laptop for a while, I'd rather it be on the higher end so that it can still play some newer games towards the end of its life.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Watch videos, some photo editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not much.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
NA

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Probably none, I'm thinking it might make sense to lose this in favor of having a lighter laptop.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
N/A

13. What country do you live in?
US

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.