Solved! redneck ipad? minipad...curious cat?

Jan 5, 2019
Hi all,

CAN I ROOT / JBREAK AN OLD ANDRIOD FOR use with WIFI, wITHOUT SERVICE
THE EQUALENT TO A CLEAN INSTALL A DESKTOP...
Oh... the particular andriod, I have is a galaxy grand prime..andriod 5.0.2
I ready use an old one on wifi around the very useful...
Id like to turn in to like a digital magazine of sorts...
and utilize/ remove crap i dont use or want..

sorry about caps ...damn lock but im not repicking it...

thanks much..
happy new year
curious cat
chopper

Solution
You can root it and become a Superuser and it will perform every action except make or receive phone calls or SMS texts if you remove the SIM card. All my old phones are music storage devices and paired with Bluetooth speakers or headsets. A decent size Micro SdCard is a must.

In Settings>More>About Device, tap Build number seven times and you'll see a message saying "You are now a Developer". That gives you permissions to poke around the system. Tap on the new folder you just created and anmed Developer options then tick USB debugging.

Restart the device and you can now connect it to a PC. On that, download KingoRoot and run it from the PC while the Android device is connected via a Micro USB/USB lead.

You'll find Root...
You can root it and become a Superuser and it will perform every action except make or receive phone calls or SMS texts if you remove the SIM card. All my old phones are music storage devices and paired with Bluetooth speakers or headsets. A decent size Micro SdCard is a must.

In Settings>More>About Device, tap Build number seven times and you'll see a message saying "You are now a Developer". That gives you permissions to poke around the system. Tap on the new folder you just created and anmed Developer options then tick USB debugging.

Restart the device and you can now connect it to a PC. On that, download KingoRoot and run it from the PC while the Android device is connected via a Micro USB/USB lead.

You'll find Root File Manager (the one with the yellow and black hat icon) in the Play Store and it's better than the build in variety and SuperUser is a must. www.xdadevelopers.com will be your best friend and you can learn a few lines of command codes to get rid of unwanted App by deleting them in the /system/apps folder. Don't depend on uninstalling them - it only gets rid of the bits you can see.

Later, if I read you right, you might like to mess with Kali Linux. There is money to be earned as an ethical Penetration Tester.

Enjoy and good luck.

Solution
Jan 5, 2019
Sweet... I got 3 phones so here goes the weekend. I finally got by the chinese...I pop over to xdadevelopers.com and looks like they have packed it, the domain for sale... am stoked.

thank so much
chopper