Refurbished Gaming Laptop

patdx

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
Hello, I am looking for a reliable refurbished gaming laptop. Mid End Gaming Laptop is okay. :)

BTW I just copied this since we have the same specs.
1. What is your budget?
Anywhere between $900 or less is better
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14"-15.6"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Looking at either right now... I would prefer a laptop somewhere between those two extremes.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Just decent, doesn't have to be amazing.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I would like to play a few tasking games such as crysis 2, Battlefield Bad Company 3 at about medium to high graphics.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Nothing extreme, just multitasking, and gaming. I wouldn't be running in photo/video editing software.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
320gb-1TB. How much storage I recieve with a laptop is not really a concern. I would however prefer a 7200 rpm HDD as I have heard they are more reliable.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
www.amazong.com, possible www.Bestbuy.com, www.Newegg.com, www.Ebay.com (reliable seller)
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
For several years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Just a DVD ROM/writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I prefer Asus, I don't mind Hp. I like how Asus computers look for the most part and I feel like many times they have good performance/price.
13. What country do you live in?
U.S.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Basically I am looking for a laptop that is somewhere in between a gaming laptop and a non gaming laptop. I am looking at laptops with decent graphics card GT 560m or better but I am open to other graphic cards. I would like a laptop that has decent aesthetics. Here are the computers that I have found so far...

asalikus

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2012
First of all don't you NEVER EVER get a refurbished laptop, they always turn out to be bad. If you want an entry-level gaming laptop this is what you get: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X6-7400_Gaming_Notebook/

Hope I helped...

patdx

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

Why not a refurbished laptop? My friend bought a refurbish an ASUS G53SX before and it was fine. BTW thanks for the link. Now I have more options. :)

asalikus

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2012
I don't trust them since they were faulty and fixed then...

asalikus

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2012
It's you choice I mean, if you want your computer to die sooner, buy the refurbished version. But always keep in mind that used computer is not the same thing as buying a refurbished computer...

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
would have to say it depends where you buy your refurbished laptop from

and what length of warranty you get

and do they give a grading system--ie A , B, C or similar

is it a factory refurb or seller refurb--ie ebay

and do they give a reason why its a refurb?--less likely

and how much you will actually save is important--if its a small amount then no

i got a refurb 2 years ago--saved £270

got a full years warranty

and its still going fine

asalikus

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2012
Thank you! It really depends on where you buy it from and conditions.

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011

yep

would never buy a refurb from ebay --even if they have 100% feedback

seller refurb could mean anything and they could be gone next week

got to be factory refurb from a reputable retailer

or direct from the manufacturer

and would never accept less than a years warranty

different countries may work differently but in the uk it could simply be some one used it and didnt like it

and returned it--but it cant be sold as new even if they only turned it on and off once far as i know

patdx

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

wow! very nice find. thanks I'm gonna buy 1 now.