regarding contacts lost

Krishan_1

Commendable
May 4, 2016
I factory data reset my Samsung s duos 2 but at that time my sim card was in the phone itself .....my all contacts were backed up in Google account.....but after restoring it the Google account did gave my all contacts.....please help I have lost more than 1500 contact pls help

Solution
Well it may be due to the amount of contacts. Have you made sure that you have a the latest version of google on the phone? If you have not yet run updates, it may need that to connect you. Also, you may wish to (which should have been done before the reset) check from a computer to see that the contacts are actually in your google account. If you don't have a computer, try logging in through the phones browser instead of the app. This way you can see what you would from a pc (mostly). Make sure the contacts are there. If they are, then make sure the account is set to sync to the device. It may well not be. If it isn't then set it up to sync and then sync your phone. You should have the contacts.

Also, make sure the phone is not set to...
Well it may be due to the amount of contacts. Have you made sure that you have a the latest version of google on the phone? If you have not yet run updates, it may need that to connect you. Also, you may wish to (which should have been done before the reset) check from a computer to see that the contacts are actually in your google account. If you don't have a computer, try logging in through the phones browser instead of the app. This way you can see what you would from a pc (mostly). Make sure the contacts are there. If they are, then make sure the account is set to sync to the device. It may well not be. If it isn't then set it up to sync and then sync your phone. You should have the contacts.

Also, make sure the phone is not set to only show contacts on the phone. With these being on the account, and not the phone, if you don't have the contacts list on the phone set correctly it won't show them. You need to set the phone to show either those only on your google or to show all contacts listed anywhere.

Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Krishan_1 : "contacts not retrieved"

I already answered your question. You can find it here... http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/id-3050522/contacts-lost.html

There is no other way than what I mentioned there. None of that is hard to do, especially the making sure that the phone is set to show contacts from all places. It is a simple change on the phone. Just go into your contacts, tap the settings icon (three little dots), then tap contacts to display. from there choose where you want them to display from.

If that doesn't help, then the only other way is what was written in the other post.

There would be no other solution. Other than, as I said, seeing if they are on your card, phone, or in the account, and checking the phones settings to see that it set to show contacts from all sources. If it isn't, then I would set it to show them from all. If it is, or after you change it to show from all, and they don't show, they are sadly probably gone.

The only other, and this is only a extremely rare possibility that it would help, option that I can think of is to try one of the recovery softwares out there. They are usually free to try, and will search the phone to see if they can find any files at all. However, most of them charge a fee to access any recovered data. And there is no guarantee this would work.

Those are the only options.

In the future I really suggest backing up all info to a computer or cloud account. You can do that with contacts. I save mine to my computer, and make hard copies as well.

Good luck.