Solved! Reinstalling the easy access panel on an Acer Aspire E 15

FreakingDell

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
Hello, there's a small panel on the back of my Acer Aspire E 15 laptop that apparently has a switch that shuts the laptop off on battery power if the panel isn't properly installed. I've just started to put it back on, and I'm having trouble making the bottom left corner stick into place. Is this normal? Is there a procedure to this?

EDIT: I should clarify that the back panel has a post on it that activates the switch in the laptop itself.

Solution
If you are referring to the "Service Access Panel", then it has screws. As long as you removed it correctly, it should slide right back into place and then you reinsert the screws.

Here is info on the device. The first two images should be the panel I am referring to, while the rest are on taking the whole thing apart.

If you are referring to the "Service Access Panel", then it has screws. As long as you removed it correctly, it should slide right back into place and then you reinsert the screws.

Here is info on the device. The first two images should be the panel I am referring to, while the rest are on taking the whole thing apart.

Solution