Removing administrative privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBeth

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Hello,
I made myself administrator on my computer and then opened another account. One has password and one does not. However, I am trying to remove it because it is a nuisance and there is no reason I need it. The problem is it has become a circular problem...because the one account tells me to remove the other and then the other tells me I am not the administrator. The password is reversed for some reason. I went through all the normal steps to remove it and tried several ways. It will not allow me to conrtinue. Also, now I can't get virus scans, updates or several things because it is locked under adminstrator. I just want the administrator account off and I am hoping that I do not need to remoramat the compter to do it. Any simplae suggestions?

Solution
Right click "my computer" and select manage. Click on local users and groups. Right click on the user and select delete. You must have administrative priveleges to do this. You should be able to do this by making sure your account is part of the administrators group.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Right click "my computer" and select manage. Click on local users and groups. Right click on the user and select delete. You must have administrative priveleges to do this. You should be able to do this by making sure your account is part of the administrators group.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.