Repeat Alert on Marshmallow

Shayn_1

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Okay, gang. I got one for ya'. Does anyone know of an option/app that will cause the phone to repeat the audible alert every minute or so to let me know that I received a text/e-mail while I was away from my phone for a few minutes? In other words, if I go into the grocery store for a few minutes, or I'm watching the 'Stros win the WS (which was loud), and I'm away from the phone for a few minutes, do I need to look for the tiny icon every time this occurs, or is there a better way of doing things? My old Android had this option, but I couldn't tell you what website I went to gain access to it, as it's been several years.
Anyway, thanks a lot in advance for your assistance; I really appreciate it.

Regards,

SP

Solution
So there isn't one that says persistent alerts? Or perhaps it is not the general messaging that you are wanting repeated sounds for? If it is for the phones messaging app, voice mail, and missed call ones, then the option I mentioned should fix it.

However, if you are talking messages and more through something else, a different app that is not part of the phones core items, then that you would have to look into through that app.
You shouldn't need an app. Most phones will beep every so often to let you know you have missed something. Unless you have the sounds turned off or the option for alert sounds turn off.

Try going into "Settings" and then "Sound". You should see a section labeled "Persistent alerts" or something similar. Tap on that and it should bring up a list of option. Make sure the box next to each one you wish to have work is checked and then tap OK.

Shayn_1

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Well, I tried your suggestion, both before and after I asked this website. Unless you (or somebody) can be a little more specific, then it appears that I'm SOL.
On a more positive note, I took a cool hearing test. Tha7nks anyway, though.

Take care,

SP

Shayn_1

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Shayn_1

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Well, I tried your suggestion, both before and after I asked this website. Unless you (or somebody) can be a little more specific, then it appears that I'm SOL.
On a more positive note, I took a cool hearing test. Thanks anyway, though.

Take care,

SP

So there isn't one that says persistent alerts? Or perhaps it is not the general messaging that you are wanting repeated sounds for? If it is for the phones messaging app, voice mail, and missed call ones, then the option I mentioned should fix it.

However, if you are talking messages and more through something else, a different app that is not part of the phones core items, then that you would have to look into through that app.

Solution